Begin Again. Like Once, the film gently pulls together music and drama as it explores the relationship between the two leads. Zach Braff's second film as a director - Wish I Was Here - is another look at mid-thirties angst as a man (played by Braff) tries to get his life as a husband (to Kate Hudson) and father together. Elmore Leonard's books seem to consistently make good movies and Life of Crime is no exception. In this darkly comic adaptation of the book Switch, Jennifer Aniston is a kidnapped wife whose husband (Tim Robbins) refuses to pay the ransom. Finally, Child of God is the latest Cormac McCarthy book to be brought to film, with director James Franco telling the bleak story of a man trying to live outside of society.
SERIES: We've got a new Masterpiece Mystery this week in the P.D. James story Death Comes to Pemberley. In this unofficial sequel to Pride and Prejudice, a dinner party is interrupted by a dead body and the Darcys must investigate. Accused is an anthology series from England in which each episode tells the story behind a new defendant being led into a courtroom. Just in time for Halloween, the Showtime series Penny Dreadful brings together various fictional characters, like Dr. Frankenstein and Dorian Gray, into a spooky Victorian setting. Finally, the Canadian crime series Murdoch Mysteries is up to season 7 and Vera reaches season 4.
SUBTITLED: Isabelle Huppert stars in the Italian Dormant Beauty, a film that takes on the topic of euthanasia as it follows three groups of characters dealing with the subject.
You can find all of our new and upcoming DVDs on Enterprise.
- If vampires are your thing you should never count out the original Dracula or its silent predecessor Nosferatu. The remake of Fright Night is a scary, recent option.
- The famous doctor brings the dead back to life in Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein. For laughs (and an affectionate tribute) take out Mel Brooks's Young Frankenstein.
- There's more classic horror available in the form of The Wolf Man and The Invisible Man.
- What could possess someone to make a movie as scary as The Exorcist? Other movies dealing with the devil are Rosemary's Baby and The Last Exorcism.
- Enjoy oversized monsters? The Godzilla remake and Pacific Rim should be right up your alley!
- The incredibly clever The Cabin in the Woods starts off as a slasher flick but ends up a monster-rama!